Netflix has just updated their iPhone and iPad apps with improved player controls. The list of updates are below and also added is the ability to control how much data you are using while watching Netflix. If you are on tiered data plan it won’t take you long to reach 2GB of data and start getting hammered with additional costs. Now you can control the amount of data and avoid those overages.
The updated player includes the following features:
- A look and feel more consistent with the Netflix browse experience in our mobile applications
- Larger, more separated play controls appropriate for how people use these devices
- Better exploration during video play with thumbnail images on the scrub bar
- Easy access for audio/subtitles settings and other existing player features
- In Canada we also added easier "do not share" capability for Facebook-connected members