Even with some hiccups like the lack of WiFi, I still am anxious to check out the Palm Pre when it is released (Rumored in March). Check out these Specs:
- Operating System: Palm webOS
- Network Specs: 3G EVDO Rev A
- Display: 3.1-inch Touch Screen with a vibrant 24-bit color 320×480 resolution HVGA
- Keyboard: Physical QWERTY Keyboard
- Email: Microsoft Outlook email with Microsoft Direct Push technology POP3/IMAP (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.)
- Messaging: Integrated IM, SMS & MMS
- GPS: Built In GPS
- Digital Camera: 3 megapixel camera with LED Flash and extended depth of field.
- Sensors: Ambient Light, accelerometer, and proximity.
- Headphone Jack: 3.5mm Stereo
- Media Formats: Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
- Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264 Image Formats: GIF, Animated GIF, JPEG, PNG, & BMP
- Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g with WPA, WPA2, 802.1X Authentication Bluetooth 2/1+EDR with A2DP Stereo Bluetooth Support.
- Memory: 8GB of Storage (approx. 7.4GB available) USB Mass Storage Support
- Phone as Modem: Bluetooth tethering ConnectorMicro USB Connector with USB 2.0
- Charging Dock: Palm Touchstone Compatible
- Dimensions: Width: 59.5mm Height: 100.5mm Thickness: 16.95mm Weight 135 gm
For me, I can live without Wi-Fi, but I know it will be a deal breaker for many. The Palm Pre is a solid looking device, that even with 8GB Storage and no Storage Card Slot, should be able to hold a couple of songs and maybe a movie or two.
We’ll keep you posted on more information on the Palm Pre as we get it so stay tuned!