I have to say the Breakout is a nice looking phone. It’s nice to see Pantech getting into things other than basic phones that’s for sure. The Breakout features a 1ghz CPU, a 4” screen with 480×800 resolution and it’s running Android Gingerbread! The best part is that it’s running on the 4G network so you’re sure for a nice speedy connection. Pricing will be $99.99 after $50 mail in rebate and of course on new 2yr contract and you’ll be able to get it September 22nd if you want one.
The Pantech Breakout smartphone, brought to market by Personal Communications Devices, LLC (PCD), shines with super-fast downloads packaged in a slim and attractive design. Customers will have access to custom Pantech widgets and can share media files between Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)-enabled devices by using the Net Media app on their Pantech Breakout.
- Powered by 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G mobile broadband coverage areas
- Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1 GHz processor
- 4-inch capacitive touch display (480 x 800)
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 250,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- 4G LTE mobile hotspot supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE™ technology for quick and easy typing of messages and emails
- 5-megapixel autofocus rear-facing camera with HD video capture up to 720p
- VGA front-facing camera for still shots and video chatting
- Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 3.0 support includes headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer and phonebook access
- 8 GB pre-installed microSD™