Huh, check this out. Adobe just released six new apps on the Android market for tablets. These new apps though are only for Android 3.1 and higher which means I can’t use them. The apps though are basically photo editing and creation tools. They’re available right now for $9.99 each but you’ll need Android 3.1 like I said, but your tablet needs to be at least 8.9” with a resolution of 1280×800.
Headlined by Adobe Photoshop Touch, a groundbreaking app that brings the legendary creative and image-editing power of Photoshop to tablet devices for the first time, the new Adobe Touch Apps include:
- Adobe Photoshop Touch lets users transform images with core Photoshop features, in an app custom-built for tablets. With simple finger gestures, users can combine multiple photos into layered images, make essential edits, and apply professional effects. The tablet-exclusive Scribble Selection Tool allows users to easily extract objects in an image by simply scribbling on what to keep and, then, what to remove. With Refine Edge technology from Adobe Photoshop, even hard-to-select areas with soft edges are easily captured when making selections. Additionally, the app helps users quickly find images, share creations and view comments through integration with Facebook and Google search. Using Adobe Creative Cloud, files can be accessed and opened in Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Collage helps creatives capture and refine ideas and concepts by allowing them to combine inspirational images, drawings, text and Creative Suite files into modern, conceptual moodboards. Features include importing of images, four customizable pen types for drawing, adding text and applying color themes. A virtually unconstrained canvas grows as needed to accommodate more assets. Files can be shared or transferred for access in Adobe Photoshop using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Adobe Debut allows users to present designs to clients and stakeholders virtually anywhere. Adobe Debut quickly opens tablet-compatible versions of Creative Suite files for convenient and beautiful viewing on the tablet, including Photoshop layers and Illustrator® art boards. Feedback is gathered using a markup pen tool to add notes and drawings on top of the work.
- Adobe Ideas is an easy-to-master, vector-based tool for drawing. By using a stylus or finger, strokes appear smooth at any zoom level. Starting with a blank canvas, users can choose color themes and pull in tablet-compatible image files that can be controlled as separate layers. Finished results are easily accessed in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Adobe Ideas is also currently available for iOS.
- Adobe Kuler makes it easy to generate color themes that can inspire any design project. Color can be explored and discovered, with hundreds of thousands of Kuler themes already available via the creative community. Social engagement in the community is enhanced by rating and commenting on themes, which can be exported as color swatches for Adobe Creative Suite projects.
To learn more about the Adobe Touch apps, please visit Adobe.com