JP Wollersheim, Group Product Manager for Windows Phone did a backstage interview the other day about the photo experience in WP7. Here are a few highlights of new information that came out of it.
- VGA is the minimum but OEM can decide to go to HD.
- Playback can handle HD video. They sync over Zune
- If you send by email then it sends in full resolution. To share to Facebook or Windows Live/SkyDrive it resizes them to a screen resolution that is more likely
- HDMI out is not part of the chassis and it appears to not be supported. Super crappy. They suggest moving the file to your PC and streaming from there
- As we’ve mentioned there’s a proximity sensor that will prevent pocket pics
- GPS tagging exists and you can click on the photo and it opens in maps
- Once you take a photo the review is within the viewfinder – just slide left
- When viewing the social photos that automatically are pulled the phone pulls your phones resolution to get it to you so you can see it right away and then grabs the higher res
- Every 5 times you go into photos it updates the photo on your tile
I’m waiting for MS to change the HDMI story. Other than that it was pretty neat to watch it in action.